Joseph Perl, specializes in civil litigation with a focus on debtor and creditor disputes and debt collection. In every case, his goal is to work with you or your company to most efficiently recover the amounts owed to you.
Bar Memberships: Massachusetts, New York, United States District Court for the District of Massachusetts, the Southern District of New York, and the Eastern District of New York.
Mr. Perl helps clients with a variety of issues including:
Judgment Enforcement (debt collection):
- Recovery of defendant's undisclosed assets
- Levies on real estate, bank accounts, and investment accounts
- Wage garnishments
- Actions to reach and apply defendant's income and assets such as accounts receivable and stock certificates
- Objections to bankruptcy discharges
- Bank account subpoenas
- Domestication of out of state judgments
- Enforcement of arbitration awards
General Civil Litigation:
- Debtor and creditor litigation
- Breach of promissory note
- Contract disputes involving litigation over sales of goods or services, software litigation
- Employees' claims for violation of the wage act
- Handle all statutory compliance related to foreclosures including all legal notices, recordings, and publication
- Complaints under the Service members Civil Relief Act
- Represent debtors in chapter 7 bankruptcy filings
- Law suits involving companies, governmental agencies, and individuals living or doing business outside of the U.S.
- Compliance with Hague Convention rules on serving parties abroad
- Experience with conflicts of laws issues and issues of jurisdiction in complex disputes
- Minority and majority shareholder disputes involving:
failure to pay dividends
- Depriving minority shareholders of right to participate in the business
- Forced buyouts of shares
When you work with Mr. Perl you can expect to be kept informed about every stage of your case, and that your questions will be promptly answered.
Suing a Company with No Assets: A Common Issue in the Collection of Unpaid Debt
Are Non-Compete Clauses In Commercial Lease Agreements Enforceable?
What is the Homestead Exemption?
What to Expect in Filing a Lawsuit?
Disclaimer- Material presented on the Law Office of Joseph Perl website is intended for information purposes only. It is not intended as professional advice and should not be construed as such.